Monday, 20 February 2012
Navy knits @ 13:11
001) Bonsoir! I thought it would be nice to post a photograph of what I get up too in my spare time apart from blogging. If you guys can't figure out the little furry creature i'm holding it's a dwarf hamster. My boyfriend's brother recently purchased two of them and they're so adorable they're called Pinky and Brain. I'm holding the cutest one out of the two (Brain) which also doesn't bite!
002) For you guys who follow me on twitter, you'll have notice me tweet today/yesterday that i've had quite a busy schedule today which includes going to the dentist , sorting out euros and bank account and of course blogging. To add to the list as well , I had my hair re styled into a new ombré look today as my hair urgently needed sorting out (root problem) and I thought the hair style I had in mind would be more unique. I didn't get chance to really take a photo of the new hair apart from a quick snap on my webcam which I showed a few friends on Facebook. However i'll try and get a hair snap before I jet off to Paris.
003) As most of you know London Fashion Week has started, for anyone who's either a fashion blogger or into fashion in general it's a dream to attend an event like LFW. The tickets did sell pretty quickly however I received an email offering me a ticket to one of the shows and also have the change to meet up with some of the blog boudoir girls/ More team. As I live pretty far away from London it was hard for me to find a cheap train ticket as they can cost up to £100 ! So in the end I was unable to go. However even though I can't see the shows in person , I have kept up to date on what's been going on during London Fashion Week. Quite a few designers which I haven't heard of have caught my eye such as FELDER FELDER which have based their spring/summer line on nebula prints ( which i'm obsessed with!) .
Navy knit vintage jumper-Next, Faux fur quilted jacket- New look,
Acid wash jeans-H&M , Studded loafers-Topshop & Bowler hat -Ebay.
004) This look is pretty much a mixture of trends which I have gained an interest in such as acid wash jeans and vintage hats. If you're wondering where I get most of my inspiration from when it comes to my own personal style , 60% of the time comes from my style icons or looks I have come across in a range of fashion magazines. One of these fabulous ladies is Gillian Zinser (Ivy from 90210) , her sense of style is mostly hippie inspired but has a more chic twist to the usual relaxed trends. I adore pretty much all the girls looks in the show however Annie's and Ivy's are my favourites. I thought after catching up on my recent episode of the show online that it would be nice to show you all how you can mix trends into some of the looks you see on your favourite TV shows.
005) Acid wash jeans have always been something which I have avoided in the past , as I thought they emphasized your legs in a negative way.However after watching a video on the clothesencounters Youtube channel one of the girls wore a lovely pair of acid wash jeans and I thought for once i'd tempt myself to try a pair on. And guess what I love them! I never thought a pair of acid wash jeans would go with a range of clothing from blouses ,lace tops, bralets, floral shirts or jumpers.
I wanted to make the most of the recent skinny jeans purchase and show you how incorporate this chic spring/summer item into a winter outfit which is inspired by some of the looks seen on 90210. As it's still very cold in most of the UK, knitwear is staying in fashion until the cold chills go away. Bold vintage coloured knitwear such as navy, white and black are big trend setters this early spring as not only does it keep your warm but it gives you a chance to add more colour to the look you're aspiring to achieve such as a grungy , romantic, vintage ,pastel or colour blocking outfit. The combination of vintage knitwear such as jumpers always go well with a pair of jeans to help create a simple casual chic outfit. Jacket wise I wore the usual faux fur quilted jacket as it's still freezing cold ! Accessory and shoes wise , I went for the usual studded loafers to give the hippie chic outfit a rock n roll edge. I also wore a bowler hat (which i've always wanted after seeing Gillian wear it on the show and at events ) which helps to give the slightly masculine outfit a more feminine twist.